Your future accomplishments:
As owner of the control software for microgrid controller (MGC), you will be responsible for all topics related to existing and future variants of the control software for our BESS. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely on a high-demand technology and to have a significant impact on its further development.
Specifically, you will be the resident expert on our MGC and have the following tasks:
- Release planning of version updates for MGC
- Maintenance of product documentation
- Sprint planning for agile development and delegation of development tasks to team
- Oversee our use of Hardware-in-the-Loop testing, and ensure adequate test coverage
- Identification of areas for improvement and conceptualization of solutions
- Organization of test equipment for new hardware components
- Interface closely with sales and service for feedback on needed changes or fixes
- Interface closely with BESS control team and project engineers for project delivery
The ideal candidate has training as a power engineer, combined with working experience as a software engineer, and has already been in a team-lead position. You are a people-person, who brings a passion for both renewable energy and quality software together. You should have:
- A technical degree in electrical/power/mechanical engineer, computer science or similar
- 5+ years working experience as a software developer on complex projects
- Deep understanding of power generation systems, preferably having field experience with the control of generators, PV inverters, or wind power plants
- Solid C/C++ skills, plus exposure to software development for PLCs
- Previous experience leading a team
- A passion for the energy transition
- Excellent communication skills
- Some basic knowledge of German
So why should you join us?
Our control software is on the leading edge of the energy transition, enabling the integration of renewable energy from Greenland to Patagonia, Australia and back. Join us and help wean the world off fossil fuels! We offer:
- A work environment that guarantees professional growth. We combine the agile & fast-moving start-up world, with the experience and expertise of the Rolls Royce group
- The chance to contribute to changing an industry by applying innovative technology in a highly relevant and meaningful field.
- A chance to be highly involved in the creation and development of cutting-edge control solutions for modern electricity supply systems.
- Short decision-making processes and room for initiative.
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth.
- An inclusive atmosphere and the opportunity to work within a team of experts.
- A very high degree of remote work
Keen on this meaningful challenge? Then we’d love to get to know you better. Submit your application documents today and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible
We’re embracing diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to hiring a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are looking to strengthen our team, to help make the world a little greener!
Rolls-Royce Solutions Berlin (formerly Qinous) develops microgrids solutions including energy storage systems that bring reliable and efficient power to remote communities, industry facilities and commercial buildings. With our technology, we support the grid all over the globe and help on- & off-grid facilities to move to renewable energy.
Do you want to change the future of energy with us?